Версия для слабовидящих transparent_line
Ivatsevichi district
executive committee
(
fotogallery_imagefotogallery_imagefotogallery_imagefotogallery_imagefotogallery_imagefotogallery_imagefotogallery_imagefotogallery_imagefotogallery_imagefotogallery_image
Belorussia_map
)
Menu
h_line_delimetr
History

The first settlements of people on the territory of the modern Ivatsevichi district were still in 10-9 millenium up to A.D. In X-XII centuries has arisen and existed Kossovskij site of ancient settlement. In 1494 Alexander, grand Lithuanian prince, has presented Kossovo to the magnate Khreptovich. And in 1519 it is mentioned a manor Ivatsevichi, according to the Lithuanian metrics is written the act about its transfer to the Grodno merchants. In 1526 the first church in Kossovo is constructed.

In the tract Merachevshchina, that is situated near to Kossovo, the outstanding political and military figure of Rzecz Pospolita, the head of national-liberation movement Andrey Tadeush Bonaventura Kostjushko was born. In 1765-1775 on means of the magnate, the statesman of the Great Princedom Lithuanian, the composer, the poet, the maecenas Michael Oginskij is under construction the Oginskij channel which has connected pools of the Black and Baltic seas.

In 1863-1864 through the territory of district walked a national-liberation revolt under the direction of Kastusj Kalinovskij which has been directed against tsarism in Poland. During the first world war the district was occupied by Kaiser armies. 1921 -1939 Ivatsevichi was in the structure of the pan Poland. On February, 3, 1927 the Polish authorities have shot a peace demonstration of workers and peasants in Kossovo.

Since June, 26, 1941 the district has been occupied by fascist invaders. From July, 1941 till July, 1944 there was an active partisan war. Since April, 1943 in the tract Hovanshchina operates an underground staff of party and komsomol, and also the staff of Brest partisan connection. Here was placed the edition of the regional newspaper "Zarja" too.

The partisan and underground fight against fascists has put a considerable loss to the fiend, fixing its forces on fronts.

Ivatsevichi district is one of the largest in Brest region. Its area makes 3 thousand square kilometers, or 9% from the territory of district. Conditionally it shares on 3 zones: Bytenskaja, Kossovskaja, Telekhanskaja. Extent of borders of the district exceeds 250 km. They pass in the west with Bereza district, in a southwest - with Ivanovo district, in the south - with Pinsk district, in the east - with Baranovichi, Liahovichi and Gantsevichi districts, in the north - with the Slonim district of Grodno region and in northwest - with Pruzhany district. From the west to the east the district was stretched on 48 km, and from the north to the south - on 75 kilometers.

The district has been formed on January, 15, 1940 and had the name "Kossovskij" with the center in Kossovo. In 1947 under the decision of Council of Ministers BSSR the working settlement Ivatsevichi is renamed into the city settlement. Then also the district center here has been transferred here. But since 1962 the Ivatsevichi district ceases to be an independent administrative unit and joins to the Bereza district.

Since 1965 the district is restored with the center in city settlement Ivatsevichi, and on May, 28, 1966 the city settlement Ivatsevichi became a city. In the district 52% of the general land area occupy peat-marsh and marsh soils, 45,8% of the territory of district occupy woods, 5 thousand hectares borrow 11 lakes, largest of which is Vygonoscshanskoje lake, which area makes 2600 hectares. There is a branch of Belovezhskaja puscsha in the Telekhany zone. On the territory of district flow the river Grivda - inflow of the river Shchara - and the river Shchara running into the river Neman.

 
Banner
Contact
Ivatsevichi district
executive committee
225291, Ivatsevichi, Lenin str., 44,
e-mail: ivcrik@brest.by
h_line_delimetr
Banner
Banner
Ivatsevichi district
executive committee
225291, Ivatsevichi, Lenin str., 44,
e-mail: ivcrik@brest.by
Web-site elaboration by
the BRMUE "Centre of Inculcation of Scientific and Technical Researches"
Kamenets Brest Malorita Zhabinka Pruzhany Kobrin Bereza Drogichin Ivatsevichi Ivanovo Baranovichi Liahovichi Gantsevichi Pinsk Luninets Stolin